Denver Pop Culture Con Postpones 2020 Event to November
- Denver Pop Culture Con postponed
- New dates are November 27 – 29, 2020
- July tickets will be honored for new November dates
(DENVER) — Based on the news that the Colorado Convention Center will be transformed into a hospital space to assist in Colorado’s efforts to address COVID-19 through the month of June, with an option to extend if circumstances require it, Denver Pop Culture Con will be postponing its early July event until November 27 – 29, 2020.
“After consulting with the Colorado Convention Center and City of Denver, we believe this postponement is the best option for the safety and well-being of our attendees and the citizens of Denver,” said Christina Angel, Convention Director for Denver Pop Culture Con.
“We know that many hard-working people — from local businesses, to creators, partner organizations, artists and other vendors — rely on events like Denver Pop Culture Con to pay the bills and feed families, and we will continue our commitment to supporting our community during this difficult time.
Tickets to the previously scheduled July dates will automatically be valid for the new November dates with no action required by the purchaser. Additional details will be provided soon on DenverPopCultureCon.com and the organization’s social platforms.
“In the days, weeks, and months ahead, Denver Pop Culture Con will be planning a fantastic event for Thanksgiving weekend 2020. We’ll also be exploring new ways to connect and provide value to our community in these challenging times,” said Angel.
Denver Pop Culture Con will provide updates about guests, programming, and exhibitors as that information is available.
- If you are an approved 2020 exhibitor/vendor, the con will contact you by email as soon as we have all the information.
- If you have submitted panels or presentations, applied to participate in Educators’ Day and/or Experience the CoMix, or applied to serve as a Programming Moderator, the con will contact you individually by email. A new panel submission process will be communicated, and Experience the CoMix and Educators’ Day application deadlines will be extended.
- If you have contracted with Denver Pop Culture Con to be a guest, you will be contacted individually by email to discuss options for the later dates.
- If you have signed up to volunteer for the event, you will be contacted by email to discuss options for the later dates.
“We at Denver Pop Culture Con share your concerns about this current health crisis — and appreciate your patience and cooperation as we all navigate these difficult times,” said Angel. “Optimism is at the heart of what we do, and rest assured we’ll be working hard to put together the very best celebration of pop culture, education, and imagination possible for the more than 100,000 fans, families, and participants who make their way to Denver Pop Culture Con each year.
“We know a lot of people in our community need something to look forward to right now. With your help and continued support, we’re confident we can put on an amazing event this fall—Thanksgiving Day weekend—where we can all celebrate. We hope to see you there.”
Denver Pop Culture Con is one of the most attended pop culture conventions in the U.S. due in part to its unique educational programming schedule and its family-friendly mission and environment. One of the largest portions of the show floor (approximately 10,000 square feet in 2019) is dedicated to teens and children with activities designed to engage kids in education through pop culture. Visit www.DenverPopCultureCon.com for more information and to buy tickets.
Pop Culture Classroom is the educational non-profit behind Denver Pop Culture Con. Founded in 2011, the organization’s mission is to ignite a love of learning, increase literacy, celebrate diversity and build community through the tools of popular culture and the power of self expression. Visit www.PopCultureClassroom.org to learn more about our goals, programs and objectives