OFFICIAL 2019 ADA GUIDE
Denver Pop Culture Con is a fully accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the convention amenities. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to help you have an awesome experience.
Info and Check-In Booth
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential. Early wristband pick-up is TBD.
There will be several info booths conveniently located inside the Colorado Convention Center and on the show floor. At the Info Booth you can:
- Get your ADA wristband credential.
- Get your ADA questions answered.
- Learn about other accessibility services.
- ADA Wristbands are good for the whole weekend
- DO NOT remove your wristband for the duration the event
- One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron, exceptions will be made for families with young children
- If a disabled guest(s) wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the info booth to be reissued
ADA Wristbands Do Not Provide:
- Early access to the Show Floor
- Guaranteed access into panels, autographing and special events
Designated handicapped parking is available on all three levels of the Convention Center parking garage. A valid state issued handicapped placard or license plate is required. All disability parking is on a first-come, first-served basis and requires payment at the automated pay stations. The Colorado Convention Center is completely responsible for the availability of the designated parking.
Please note that it’s against the law to park in an accessible parking space without the required ADA credentials or to fraudulently use someone else’s to gain access to ADA parking spots.
The convention is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. There are accessible pathways connected throughout the convention including parking, entrances, stages, vendors and all other activity areas.
We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals. The UPS Business Center at the Colorado Convention Center provides scooters and wheelchairs for rent. They can be reached at 720-904-2300 or email@example.com
Access to Panels and Screenings
We will have dedicated queuing for general convention entry, Captain Colorado stage, Night Lynx stage, Metropolis and Celebrity Summit.
Seating in Panels and Screenings
All seating for our programs is on a first come, first served basis, and we cannot guarantee seating for everyone. Attendees with an ADA wristband should line up towards the front of the line for the panel rooms. Having an ADA wristband does not guarantee entry. We encourage you to get there early.
Service animals are permitted throughout the convention grounds; however, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Only legitimate service animals will be allowed within the convention footprint. Pets are not allowed and will be turned away.
If you are bringing a service animal, make sure to check in at the closest Info Booth for registration. Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be provided with the appropriate credentials.
Due to large-scale service animal fraud and for the protection of all Denver Pop Culture Con patrons, service animals must be screened and registered at the Info booth immediately upon entry to the site.
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
- Service animals must be housebroken.
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
- All animals should have legally required vaccinations which may checked.
Effective Communication Requests
If you would like to request ASL Interpretation for any panel in addition to the information listed above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind, requests must be made no later than 15 days may not be fulfilled. We will do our best.
Requests for Closed Captioning, Braille/Large Font Print, Guided Tours and/or other forms of Effective Communication, please contact us at email@example.com
- ATMs & Concessions: All ATMs and concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the convention. If assistance is required, please confer with a Denver Pop Culture Con representative.
- First Aid: The First Aid office can be found on the lower level near the 500-hallway. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at this location. If you are in need of medical assistance and cannot get to the First Aid location, please find the closest volunteer and they will help you contact medical assistance.
Comments, Questions and Suggestions
In continually trying to make our convention more accessible we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services please reach out to us.