Do You Know a Best in US Hero?
Nominate Someone for a Best in US Hero Award
Heroes are everywhere. They teach our children. They protect our communities and our country. They lift up the best in us through their service.
Do you know someone who represents the Best in US? Shout out their contributions by nominating them for a Denver Pop Culture Con Best in US Award in one of these categories:
- Educator Nomination
- First Responder Nomination
- Military / Veterans Nomination
- Other Community Hero Nominations
This year, Denver Pop Culture Con is celebrating these real-world heroes in our communities as part of 2020’s special Best in US awards — and we could use your help.
What is a Best in US Hero?
Best in US heroes exist in every community where someone is steps up to help their neighbors and make our communities healthier, safer, more informed, and more inclusive. They aren’t just the educators, who — with little notice — have redesigned teaching plans to accommodate social distancing. They’re not only the emergency medical personnel caring for the sick. And they’re not confined to the ranks of the first responders and armed services personnel working to keep our communities safe.
A Best of US Hero is anyone in the community who makes an extraordinary effort to serve others and inspire learning, inclusion, imagination, community, and opportunity.
Honoring Heroes in a Time of Challenges
We are working hard to be able to bring people together this Thanksgiving Weekend at Denver Pop Culture Con — and doing what we can to lift up our real-world heroes with the Best in US Hero Awards.
Best in US Awards Criteria
Nominate a Best in US Heroes based on the following values and criteria:
- Learning and Literacy: This person significantly advances creative learning opportunities for kids, teens, and adults.
- Diversity and Inclusion: This person recognizes the strength of inclusive and diverse communities, actively working to lift up opportunities, stories, and experiences for people who may not otherwise have access to them.
- Creativity and Self Expression: This person teaches others to build or create something that improves someone’s life or beatifies their community.
- Service: This person performs a vital public service for our communities.
- Integrity: This person is honest with strong, community-minded principles that guide their work
- Compassion: This person recognizes the impact of lost opportunities and marginalization on our communities and strives to address them.
Final Best in US winners from each category will receive:
- Four (4) FREE Three-Day Passes to Denver Pop Culture Con;
- Denver Pop Culture Con gear
- Public recognition; and
Current and former employees and board members of Pop Culture Classroom, as well as their family members and loved ones, are ineligible for nomination.
Only those nominees who can provide verifiable proof of identity and, in the case profession-specific award categories (Armed Services, First Responder, Teacher/Educator), proof of relevant affiliation/employment/service.
Determining a Winner
Winners will be selected through this (adjusted) process:
- March 22: Best in US Awards Nominations Open
- August 26: Nominations Close
- September 4 – September 24 Selection of Semifinalists by Pop Culture Classroom and Denver Pop Culture Con Staff and Board
- September 25: Announcement of Semifinalists
- September 25 – October 25: Public Vote to Determine Top 3 Finalists
- October 29: Announcement of Finalists
- November 9 – November 16: Judge Selection of Winner from 3 Finalists
- November 16 – November 23: alert/interview winners
- November 23: Announce winners
- November 27: Presentation of Awards at. Denver Pop Culture Con Opening Night